Recipe by MarraMamba
Its a yorkshire chef but the recipe is both english and european since it includes Rosti and traditional eggs and european sausages. Homemade potato rosti, regular sausage meat kicked up a notch, eggs, fried bread and tomatoes..and all in less than 30 mins to prepare YUM. Make this for your sweetie on a cold morning, or the whole family by increasing the ingredients.
Top Review by Noo
As expected from Brian Turner....this is a real belly buster no nonsense breakfast, that hits the spot.....and keeps hitting it!!!<br/>I shaped my sausage meat into patties, which meant that after colouring them up in a griddle pan, and getting a nice crust on them, I had to pop them into the oven to ensure that they cooked all of the way through.......deeeelicious!<br/>I used garlic chives straight from the garden in the rosti, which was really tasty, and some day old Pane Di Casa bread griddled up with a beautifully fried sunny side up egg on top was just out of this world.<br/>The breakfast of champions.....that will keep you going all day long!!<br/>Made for PRMR.
For the rosti
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
For the sausage
- 85 g sausage meat
- 30 g white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the rest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the rosti, place the grated potato, spring onion and seasoning into a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and scatter the potato in, spreading it out evenly.
- Gently fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Place the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, ketchup and mustard into a large bowl and mix together until well combined. Shape the mixture into a sausage.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the sausage for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a griddle pan and griddle the bread for 2 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden. Transfer the fried bread to a serving plate.
- Cook the tomato in the griddle pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan and crack the eggs in beside each other. Gently fry for 1-2 minutes, carefully spooning the oil over the top to cook the top.
- Transfer the eggs, tomato, rosti and sausage onto a serving plate with the fried bread and serve at once.