Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Greek stew made from late summer vegetables. Great over rice or couscous.
Make and share this Briami: Greek vegetable stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 lb aubergine (eggplant)
- 1 lb peeled potato
- 1 cup of peeled carrot
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 sliced green peppers
- 1 lb fava beans (soak over night)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Slice all vegetables in 1" pieces.
- In a large pot drizzle in olive oil and brown the first 6 ingrediants.
- Add Fava beans (may substitute green Lima beans), water, tomatoes, black pepper, and parsley.
- Cover and stir occasionally over moderate heat until vegetables are done.
- Serve over rice or couscous.