Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food.
Top Review by loof
Great veggie dish! I used a green bell pepper instead of yellow, otherwise made as directed. Served as a side dish with some chicken but this would be a great main dish with some nice crusty bread too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced medium-thin
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, onion, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish; spread into a tightly packed layer.
- Pour 1/4 cup water into the dish.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, turning the vegetables 4 or 5 times during baking.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.