1/3 Photos of Briami Ala Bergy (Vegetable Casserole)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Great taste and great to use those prolific zucchinis. If you wish to vary the recipe try l lb. of zucchini and 1 lb of eggplant just be sure that you slice the eggplant thickly and salt for 30 minutes to get some of the moisture out. Rinse and dry before using. You may also like to sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese over the casserole for the last 15 minutes of baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 lb potato, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 green sweet peppers, membrane and seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (peel if you wish)
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill or 2 teaspoons fennel
- 1/4 cup lite olive oil (or virgin)
- parsley (for garnish) or dill (for garnish) or fennel (for garnish)
- 1Mix together the garlic, tomatoes and sugar.
- 2Oil an oven dish large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- 3Place some onion on the bottom of the dish.
- 4Mix zucchini, potatoes and peppers.
- 5Add a layer on top of the onions.
- 6Top with some of the tomato mixture.
- 7Season with salt & pepper.
- 8Sprinkle some of the herbs on top and drizzle with the oil.
- 9Continue layering until all ingredients have been used ending with a layer of the herbs and drizzle with oil (this may be 3-4 layers depending on the depth and size of your dish).
- 10Cover and cook in a 350°F oven for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 11Uncover for the last 15 minutes.
- 12Garnish with herbs on the side and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Briami Ala Bergy (Vegetable Casserole)
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g