Recipe by Terri F.
Blueberries and rhubarb team up to make one delicious pie!
Top Review by Elly in Canada
A very tasty pie, not too sweet, served it with vanilla icecream and DH thought it was delicious!! If your rhubarb is really sour, a little more sugar might be needed. We thought the icecream topped it off just right! A nice flavour combination...
- 1 double crust, for 9 inch pie refrigerated or home made
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 9 inch pie pan with pastry.
- In large bowl combine all filling ingredients except butter and toss lightly.
- Spoon filling into crust lined pan.
- Cut butter into small pieces and dot top of filling.
- Top with second crust, seal edges, and flute.
- Cut 4 slits in top of crust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.