1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Brewton is the home of Alabama's annual Blueberry Festival. The Kiwanis Club serves a great deep-dish cobbler with loads of fresh berries. Here's their basic recipe for a lip-smacking delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a pastry blender, mix first three ingredients (of crust) together until shortening is the size of peas.
- 2Quickly mix in other ingredients.
- 3Work quickly and do not overmix.
- 4Roll out pie crust and place in a metal sheet cake pan.
- 5(Glass pans will stick.) Crust will extend on all sides.
- 6Dredge fresh, washed blueberries in sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch and place in pan.
- 7(Blueberries should come to top of pan.).
- 8Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 9Fold crust over top of cobbler.
- 10Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- 11Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brewton Blueberry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 302.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 61.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g