Recipe by Roosie
Brewer's yeast is an active yeast used to make beer and can also be grown specifically to make nutritional supplements. It is a rich source of minerals (particularly chromium), protein, and the B-complex vitamins. Buttermilk contains lactic acid as well as protein and a number of vitamins and minerals. From Natural Beauty at Home by Janice Cox
- 1 teaspoon brewer's yeast, powder or 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk or 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeast and buttermilk in a container until it is a smooth paste.
- Spread over your face and neck (a pastry brush or soft paintbrush reserved for this purpose works well).
- Leave on until dry, about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and pat your face dry.