Recipe by Pinay0618
This is the top-selling menu item at Brewer's Downtown Cafe in Milledgeville, Georgia - a smallish town south east of Atlanta.
Top Review by gailanng
Now a little message from my husband. Take it away, DH... "You people are like family to me. It's the little things, like a home cooked meal, that make it here uurr...ummm your home. Please accept this meal as a token of our esteem. Remember my door is always open." Made for My 3 Chefs.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups dry rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained well
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red and yellow bell pepper
- 4 sprigs cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine salt, thyme, ground red pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and brown lightly. Add half the dry seasoning mixture, the green onion and chicken stock. Reduce by half (about 2 minutes). Stir in cream and let sauce come to a boil. When it boils, whisk in Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat and let simmer on low to reduce about 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked rigatoni and toss to completely coat pasta with sauce.
- Brush tops of chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Gently pat with remaining dry seasoning mix.
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, place chicken in pan, seasoned side down, and cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes more. Remove to a cutting board and slice.
- Divide rigatoni among pasta bowls. Place chicken strips evenly across each. Garnish with diced red and yellow bell peppers and a sprig of cilantro.