1/1 Photo of Brewers Blackened Chicken and Creole Cream
This is the top-selling menu item at Brewer's Downtown Cafe in Milledgeville, Georgia - a smallish town south east of Atlanta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups dry rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained well
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup finely diced red and yellow bell pepper
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1In a small bowl, combine salt, thyme, ground red pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and brown lightly. Add half the dry seasoning mixture, the green onion and chicken stock. Reduce by half (about 2 minutes). Stir in cream and let sauce come to a boil. When it boils, whisk in Parmesan cheese.
- 3Reduce heat and let simmer on low to reduce about 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked rigatoni and toss to completely coat pasta with sauce.
- 4Brush tops of chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Gently pat with remaining dry seasoning mix.
- 5Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, place chicken in pan, seasoned side down, and cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes more. Remove to a cutting board and slice.
- 6Divide rigatoni among pasta bowls. Place chicken strips evenly across each. Garnish with diced red and yellow bell peppers and a sprig of cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brewers Blackened Chicken and Creole Cream
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.6
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.0 mg
- Sodium 939.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 31.3 g