This recipe is adapted from a Beef--It's What's for Dinner display at my local grocery store several years ago. It's really good for cookouts in the summer. Great tangy flavor.
- In a 1 cup glass measuring cup, combine sauce ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until bubbly.
- Set aside.
- Shape ground beef into patties (approx. 3/4" thick).
- Place onion slices on grill over medium coals.
- Grill onions, uncovered, for about 4 minutes.
- Add patties, continuing to grill uncovered for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender and burger centers are no longer pink, turning occasionally.
- Season burgers with salt.
- Approximately 2 minutes before the burgers are done, brush generously with sauce mixture, but reserve a small amount.
- Top with cheese.
- Remove from grill.
- Place in buns and top burgers with some of reserve sauce and other toppings.
Saturday Night Brew Burger was excellent. That bit of beer mixed with the Heinz 57 Sauce is really tasty. I cut the recipe back to 1 6 oz burger served on a ciabbata Jalapeno mini bun Excellent Into my favorite Burgers It goes. Thanks Pepper.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and cut the recipe back to 2 burgers. DH and I really enjoyed the sauce and grilled onions for a change. Definately will make this again. Served with Summertime Garden Veggie Pasta Salad#181085.