This recipe is adapted from a Beef--It's What's for Dinner display at my local grocery store several years ago. It's really good for cookouts in the summer. Great tangy flavor.
- In a 1 cup glass measuring cup, combine sauce ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until bubbly.
- Set aside.
- Shape ground beef into patties (approx. 3/4" thick).
- Place onion slices on grill over medium coals.
- Grill onions, uncovered, for about 4 minutes.
- Add patties, continuing to grill uncovered for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender and burger centers are no longer pink, turning occasionally.
- Season burgers with salt.
- Approximately 2 minutes before the burgers are done, brush generously with sauce mixture, but reserve a small amount.
- Top with cheese.
- Remove from grill.
- Place in buns and top burgers with some of reserve sauce and other toppings.