I LOVE Bresaola, but it isn't easy to find around here. If you live in a 'real' city ask for it at your favorite Italian salumeria or deli. This is adapted from "The Four Seasons of Italian Cooking" by A.J. Battifarano and Alan Richardson. This is rustic enough for a casual family meal and nice enough for company. I have even served it with the addition of a handful of Arugala (scattered on top of the bresaola b4 you add the mushrooms) and a good crusty bread as a light meal or lunch. You could also stuff this all inside a loaf of bread and have sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces italian bresaola, sliced paper-thin
- 24 small prepared marinated mushrooms, coarsely chopped (best you can find, ask at your Salumeria)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 3 ounces grana padano or 3 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, a good pecorino is also nice,in one piece
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges.
- 1Arrange bresaola slices, slightly overlapping on a large platter.
- 2Scatter mushrooms over bresaola, then sprinkle with parsley.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, shave thin slivers of the cheese over bresaola.
- 4Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper.
- 5Serve with lemon wedges or squeeze lemon over all.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bresaola Al Carpaccio
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: