Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I threw this together, with my mother in mind. She can't have sugar, rather, a lot of sugar. She had bariatric surgery and this sauce didn't bug her belly!
- 2 cups Heinz ketchup (You can use reduced sugar ketchup, but I didn't have any on hand.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Dump it all in a pot and simmer on Medium/Medium High for about an hour.
- Stir every once in a while until it reaches your desired consistency.