Recipe by Sharon123
These are down home Southern sticky buns. This is from the Brer Rabbit Cookbook, a Southern favorite!
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 (3 ounce) packagecook & serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb frozen white bread dough, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. In a medium bowl, combine pecans(or walnuts), brown sugar, butter(or margarine), molasses, pudding, milk and cinnamon.
- Slice the bread dough into 1" thick rounds. Arrange bread in a prepared baking pan. Pour the molasses mixture over bread. Cover and let rise 2 to 3 hours or overnight in your refrigerator.
- Bake in a 350° oven, 30 minutes or until the bread is a nice golden color and molasses mixture is bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter. Enjoy!Makes 8 Servings.