Recipe by Victoria in Fort Wayne
This used to be my husband's favorite thing to order when we went out for Italian, until I realized I could make it at home in 15 minutes for a quarter of the price. The recipe as written serves two, but I've doubled and tripled it very easily. The whole wheat pasta is just a personal preference, and in the summer I love to use fresh basil and oregano. Enjoy!
Top Review by Robyn's Cookin'
My husband absolutely loved this recipe! In fact, judging by his comments, I'd say it's his favorite new recipe that I've made in awhile. I thought it had great flavor but mine came out way too salty because I used cooking wine (which already has salt in it); entirely my fault! If I use cooking wine again next time, I'll omit the extra salt. I can see this becoming a regular at our house. It's quick, easy, and delish. Would be a nice dinner for company, too.
- 6 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 ounces canned baby clams
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and saute 1 more minute.
- Add lemon juice, clams with their liquid, and wine.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with with clam sauce mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.