Recipe by lazyme
Very good Idaho potatoes from Brennan's in New Orleans. From copykat.com
Top Review by msjill111
Awesome!!! Used real bacon bit pieces but followed the recipe other than that. These were so creamy and flavorful!!! These are truly the best taters I've ever had! Thanks for sharing a winning recipe.
- 2 large idaho potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes and bake 1 hour at 400ºF.
- Grill bacon pieces until crisp. Drain off bacon fat except 3 tablespoons. Add green onions and sauté slowly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside into a skillet, taking care to retain shells intact. Add cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper to potato, green onions and bacon, mixing and mashing to blend thoroughly. Return the skillet to low heat and heat through.
- Stuff mixture into potato skins. Drizzle with melted butter, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350ºF.