Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I do not know how authentic this recipe is. Adapted from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery.
- 8 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 7 dried hot peppers
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 lbs shrimp, in the shell
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- Combine water, bay leaves, thyme, peppers, salt and cayenne in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, discarding liquid.
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Heat oil to 375°F and fry potatoes until golden-brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute mushrooms, parsley and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes, shrimp and peas.
- Toss lightly over medium heat and serve piping hot.