Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A zesty, hearty breakfast from the flavor center of the universe...New Orleans.
- 24 ounces salmon fillets
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs, poached
For the Hollandaise sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- For the Hollandaise sauce:.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice and pepper in blender container and blend until lemon color.
- Turn blender to high and very slowly add butter, blend until thick, about 30 seconds.
- To serve, heat sauce slowly in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Preheat a grill or broiler.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then grill or broil the fish until flaky and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide the salmon between four warm plates and top each fillet with a poached egg.
- Spoon prepared Hollandaise sauce over the eggs and serve.