Recipe by TxGriffLover
From the famous Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans, LA. Posted for ZWT5. You can substitute one pound of blanched crawfish tails for the crab meat.
Top Review by Mr. Capers
This is well worth trying. It is very rich, with the 1 cup of mayonnaise, but you don't eat it every day! Brennan's food was always rich and pretty much "over the top." Thanks for posting. We had given away our Brennan's cookbook years ago. This brought back memories of New Orleans!
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any shell and cartilage
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab meat, scallions, bell pepper, pimiento, egg yolk, dry mustard, artichoke hearts, paprika, and one-half cup of the mayonnaise. Stir until well mixed and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the crab meat mixture into four one-cup baking dishes; then cover with the remaining mayonnaise. Sprinkle Parmesan and bread crumbs on top and bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately.