Recipe by lazyme
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it's a very rich soup. I like to add additional herbs - whatever strikes me at the moment, but I usually add some Italian seasoning and sometimes some spicy Mrs. Dash.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although, for the most part I did follow the recipe, I didn't have fresh corn to use, so . . . Still, the resulting soup was wonderfully delicious, & in my book, corn & crab does wonders when fixing a comfort dish like this one! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 cups fresh corn kernels
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and saute the onion until clear and tender.
- Blend in the flour, then the corn kernels.
- Cook the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until the corn is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crab and parsley, cook an additional 5 minutes, then serve.