1/9 Photos of Brennan's Bananas Foster
Created in 1951, Bananas Foster are now found all over the US but the original comes from Brennan's in New Orleans, LA. Over 35,000 lbs of banana's are used every year at Brennan's. I haven't made this recipe yet, so the time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet.
- 2Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan. When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum.
- 4Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the pan slightly to ignite the rum, or ignite with a long match.
- 5When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each portion of ice cream.
- 6Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brennan's Bananas Foster
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 81.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: