Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Years ago, one of those clever preschool mom's, brought this as a snack. I couldn't stay out of the little package that my twins brought home. I think the key is adding butterscotch chips and mini m&m's. I like doing this in the microwave, as opposed to those recipes where you have to bake and stir, bake and stir!
For the glaze
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (15 ounce) box Crispix cereal
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 (10 ounce) bag pretzels
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature M&M baking bits
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Mix margarine, brown sugar, white syrup and 1/8 teaspoons salt together in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoons baking soda.
- Stir until clear.
- Pour crispix into brown paper bag.
- Pour syrup mixture over all.
- Stir well and shake brown bag.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes.
- Shake well again.
- Microwave another 1 1/2 minutes Shake again.
- Add peanuts and pretzels.
- Shake again.
- Spread onto large sheet of wax paper or large cookie sheet.
- Cool well.
- Add m&m's and butter scotch chips.
- Mix together.
- See the bowl empty before your eyes!