1/1 Photo of Brenda's Southern Fried Tomatoes
Brian Holley's Note:
My internet friend in Chattanooga sent me this recipe, I have made a small adaptation to it, and it works fine. We now serve this dish every week with our ribs, they go so well together. They taste better when warm rather than hot, as the flavour comes through then. Easy to prepare , I don't know why I didn't think of this myself, still you can't win all of the time. Thanks Brenda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the tomatoes 1/4" thick.
- 2Season the flour with the salt, pepper, crumble in the stock cube and add the chilli powder.
- 3Coat the tomato slices in the flour then the eggs and the flour once again.
- 4Heat the oil in a skillet and gently fry the tomatoes till golden, flip once and cook the other side, when done drain on kitchen paper.
- 5Serve, wonderful.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brenda's Southern Fried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 634.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 11.3 g