Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My internet friend in Chattanooga sent me this recipe, I have made a small adaptation to it, and it works fine. We now serve this dish every week with our ribs, they go so well together. They taste better when warm rather than hot, as the flavour comes through then. Easy to prepare , I don't know why I didn't think of this myself, still you can't win all of the time. Thanks Brenda.
- 4 medium sized green tomatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- oil, for shallow frying
- Slice the tomatoes 1/4" thick.
- Season the flour with the salt, pepper, crumble in the stock cube and add the chilli powder.
- Coat the tomato slices in the flour then the eggs and the flour once again.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and gently fry the tomatoes till golden, flip once and cook the other side, when done drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve, wonderful.