Recipe by 68Ranchero
This is a recipe that I have compiled over a period of trials and errors. I wanted something healthy. I am actually trying to get away completely from white flours, pastas and rices.
Top Review by suible
I've now made this twice. We don't have spelt flour, so the first time substituted white and wheat flour for it and it came out great. The second time substituted soy flour. All three loaves (doubled the recipe the second time around) were delicious, but loaves 2 and three were FLAT (not enough gluten). Also, no bread machine, but certainly easy enough to make by hand. Great bread! I'm making a third time today!
- 1 cup spelt flour (or buckwheat)
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour (or trade for other flour)
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup natural bran (or corn meal)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in bread machine.
- Use whole wheat setting OR you can use dough setting and bake in your oven.
- (my preferred method) If using oven method, allow to rise for 1 hour and bake in preheats 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- *optionalingredients can be mixed and matched to your own liking.
- Add these to bread machine at the beep, or after first rest.