Recipe by French Lavender
This recipe comes from a former co-worker. They are perfect with a cup of coffee. Plus they are versatile...pick your fruit of choice. They also freeze well.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling (flavor of choice)
- powdered sugar icing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl with your mixer, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs one at at time, beating each one in well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter in a 9X13" pan.
- Spread on pie filling.
- Dob on remaining batter on top. (Some areas will not be covered with batter.).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Drizzle with powdered sugar icing while warm.