8 hrs 15 mins
Fast and easy! Smells so good cooking, you almost can't wait for it to finish! Kids love it. High altitude tested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown beef with salt and pepper.
- 2Drain grease.
- 3While beef is browning, cut whole potatoes, carrots and celery into 1/4" thick slices.
- 4Layer in crock pot in this order: potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, peas and beef.
- 5Add salt and pepper between layers as desired.
- 6Mix tomato soup with water and pour over all.
- 7Cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
- 8TIP: Prepare the ingredients the night before and throw them in the crock pot before you leave for work in the morning.
- 9To keep sliced potatoes from browning in the refrigerator overnight, dip them in a solution of 1 cup water with 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brenda's Crock Pot Strata
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 445.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: