Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Fast and easy! Smells so good cooking, you almost can't wait for it to finish! Kids love it. High altitude tested.
- Brown beef with salt and pepper.
- Drain grease.
- While beef is browning, cut whole potatoes, carrots and celery into 1/4" thick slices.
- Layer in crock pot in this order: potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, peas and beef.
- Add salt and pepper between layers as desired.
- Mix tomato soup with water and pour over all.
- Cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
- TIP: Prepare the ingredients the night before and throw them in the crock pot before you leave for work in the morning.
- To keep sliced potatoes from browning in the refrigerator overnight, dip them in a solution of 1 cup water with 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
The size of the pieces makes a difference. 1/4" is small enough that it shouldn't take as long to cook as the cubes that are almost an inch .
This is a great "fast" meal. It smelled so good when we came home from work. No problem with the vegetables. Thanks