Recipe by Elcowgirl
I used this recipe for making wedding cakes. If I doubled the recipe to make a 16"x16" round cake I added 1-14oz. can of crushed pineapple to help keep it really moist. Delicious!!
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups corn oil
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine corn oil, sugar and then add eggs.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- Blend with oil mixture until smooth.
- Add carrots, raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased tube pan and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- If using a 9x13 pan, cook for 45-50 minutes at 325°F.