Recipe by Boxerwing
A very moist and dense pound cake. Always gets rave reviews!! Perfect for quieting the afternoon tummy-grumblies with a coffe or tea.
Top Review by Ladydaungerous
I am all but a beginner with baking, and this was an easy recipe. This was a pretty good cake. I liked the tang of the orange. I used plain nonfat yogurt because that's what I had. Because I didn't have blueberries, I substituted 1 1/2 c. frozen whole cherries for the blueberries. This worked pretty well, and the cake baked up nicely.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen, unthawed works well)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated orange rind
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter until fluffy; beat in sugar until light and fluffy (about 5-8 minutes).
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In a second bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a third bowl mix together yogurt, orange juice and rind.
- Alternately add dry and wet mixture to the creamed mixture, making 3 additions of dry and 2 of wet.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured 9" or 10" tube or Bundt pan.
- Tap pan lightly to release air bubbles and smooth top.
- Bake at 350F for 60-70 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in pan, the remove and cool on rack.
- Before serving, sieve icing sugar over top.