Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Given to me by a friend. This is so good! Not sure of the size of the can of beans but it is the regular size can. Same on the onion soup mix but it is just 1 envelope!
- 439.41 g can refried beans
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 28.34 g envelope onion soup mix
- 1 small onion, diced
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 453.59 g cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- Mix sour cream and onion soup mix.
- Mix together all ingredients and 1/2 of cheese.
- Put inot a medium baking dish that can be covered.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and put the remaining cheese on top and bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes.
Easy but did not WOW me.
This is wonderful! The flavors meld together so nicely. I really think the secret ingredient here that put it over the top, is the onion soup mix. I used Fat Free Refried Beans and Low Fat Sour Cream. It was a wee bit runny coming out of the oven (most likely due to my using reduced fat and fat free products), but within 10 minutes firmed up to the consistency of cooked refried beans. My DH raved about it. I cooked it in a 9 inch stoneware pie plate loosely tented with aluminum foil. The stoneware retained the heat so the dip stayed hot a long time. Thanks for sharing Tansgram! Nicks Mom
This is a fantastic tasting bean dip, one I am planning to make again when friends are over. It is made with things I always have on hand, which is great. It tasted good before I baked it, too! I only used 8 oz. of cheddar cheese in this and just mixed it all in before I baked it. I do think using all of the cheese would of made it a little thicker but it was wonderful! I also used a can of green chilis in place of the chili powder. Thanks for a keeper!