Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up when I was on the run in the mornings on my way to college. It is fast, easy, and filling. My roommate told me I should start my own little breakfast restuarant because of these. :-)
- 1 (8 count) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (or you can make your own if you have the extra time)
- cubed ham (or you can just cut up sliced ham into pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 -2 tablespoon sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet.
- Scramble the eggs by mixing a dab of sour cream, and a dash of salt and pepper to taste (I found that using sour cream when scrambling my eggs makes them moist and gives them an excellent flavor).
- Press four of the crescent rolls together to form a square.
- Repeat with remaining four rolls.
- Place scrambled eggs and place on top of both squares of rolls.
- Place cubed or diced ham on top of the eggs (I don't have a measurement on that, just what looks like it would taste good).
- Sprinkle liberally with cheese.
- Bring the corners of the rolls together and squeeze shut. Make sure all of the ingredients are tightly sealed inside the crescent pocket.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (until lightly browned).
- You can of course add any other ingredients that you wish, or substitute bacon or sausage or veggies. I happen to like ham and it is faster than sausage and bacon. :-).
Excellent, easy, tasty recipe. I used deli sliced ham, 2 slices per pocket (I didn't bother to cut it up). In the egg mixture I added about 1/4 tsp of Trappey's hot sauce to 3 extra large eggs, sour cream and salt and pepper . I used grated sharp cheddar cheese but I think either pepperjack or swiss would also be good and either sausage and bacon would work well. For simplicity, the ham would be the best. You could add sauted onions,bell peppers, or mushrooms if you drained them well of all liquid but this would again take away the simplicity. Mine may have been a little over-filled because I had trouble sealing them but I had no problems with leakage, since there was no liquid to seep out. This is a really great and versatile idea.
Great recipe! A nice change for breakfast and even works for dinner if you are like my family and like having breakfast for dinner sometimes. Filling and extremely tasty. Thanks aksingingbreeze!