- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 5 louisiana pickled hot peppers
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 lb grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet brown lean ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, cumin, hot peppers, jalapeños, onion and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Butter the flour tortillas 1 at a time.
- Add 1 tortilla to skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef mixture and the pepper jack cheese.
- Fold tortilla and brown both sides of quesadilla until brown.
- Repeat with all 4 flour tortillas until done.
- Serve with tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole.