Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on http://www.alleasyrecipes.com. A thick meat stew
Make and share this Breedie Zimbabwe recipe from Food.com.
- Stew the meat gently until tender.
- Brown the onions in the dripping.
- Peel and slice the tomatoes.
- Add all the ingredients except meat to the onions and cook gently until a thick sauce is obtained.
- Stir in the meat.
- Serve with peas, rice and mango chutney.
We really devoured this Breedie it was scrumious. I made the recipe as stated exceptI traded the raisins (not a fan when with meat) 1/2 cup of wine and added some garlic. My friend is actually from Cape Town and said that it had been a long time since she had this dish so I brought it over we had a really great meal.I'll be making this again. That's why I like this ZWT it gets you to try recipes you wouldn't normally look for.