Recipe by Shawna Landers
Found on http://www.alleasyrecipes.com. A thick meat stew
Top Review by Marlitt
We really devoured this Breedie it was scrumious. I made the recipe as stated exceptI traded the raisins (not a fan when with meat) 1/2 cup of wine and added some garlic. My friend is actually from Cape Town and said that it had been a long time since she had this dish so I brought it over we had a really great meal.I'll be making this again. That's why I like this ZWT it gets you to try recipes you wouldn't normally look for.
- 453.59 g stewing beef or 453.59 g lamb, cut small
- 14.79 ml sultana
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 226.79 g onion
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml oil
- 14.79 ml green pepper, chopped
- 453.59 g tomatoes or 453.59 g green beans
- 1 small chili, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Stew the meat gently until tender.
- Brown the onions in the dripping.
- Peel and slice the tomatoes.
- Add all the ingredients except meat to the onions and cook gently until a thick sauce is obtained.
- Stir in the meat.
- Serve with peas, rice and mango chutney.