Prep 8 hrs
Cook 7 mins
Another fantastic way to transition babies into solid foods without introducing animal proteins or allergens. You can be creative with this one. Add your own dry ingredients (i.e. candies, nuts, pretzels, cookies, etc.) and feel free to substitute the fruits for ones your baby likes. I use organic sugar in the raw, ground finely, but you can sweeten with agave nectar or pitted dates.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups breast milk
- 1⁄4 agave nectar (you can use light corn syrup if you like)
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, breastmilk, and agave nectar. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until very hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place mangoes and lime juice in food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add mango mixture to breastmilk mixture. Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 8 hours.
- Engage freeze bowl. Pour mixture into freeze bowl and continue to stir for 7 to 12 minutes or until desired consistency. Immediately transfer sherbet into serving dish, or freeze in an airtight container.