Tina Madden's Note:
Watched him make this on a show today on the Foodnetwork. YUM. Need this here to be able to add to my cookbook and grocery list. Prep time is approx.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) boneless breasts of veal (brisket end of or an 8 1/2 pound breast of veal, boned)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 10 ounces pancetta (reserve 2 tablespoons of the rendered fat) or 10 ounces bacon, cooked until lightly browned but not crisp, finely diced (reserve 2 tablespoons of the rendered fat)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, plus
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
ESSENCE of Emeril Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast)
- 1Emeril's seasoning:.
- 2Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- 3Lightly pound or butterfly the breast of veal until it measures roughly 15 by 13 inches.
- 4Season on both sides with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 5In a mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pancetta, Parmesan, olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, minced rosemary, Essence, and lemon zest and stir until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- 6Spread the bread crumb mixture evenly over the pounded portion of the veal to within 1-inch from all edges. Carefully roll the meat lengthwise and tie every 1 1/2 inches with kitchen twine.
- 7(Roast can be assembled to this point up to 8 hours or overnight ahead of time, and then brought back to room temperature before proceeding). Reserve any bread crumb mixture that falls out of the ends of the roast as you are tying it.
- 8Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 9In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, heat the reserved rendered fat and, when very hot, brown the roast on all sides, turning occasionally, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- 10Remove the veal from the pan and add the onions and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes.
- 11Add the white wine, chicken stock, remaining 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, rosemary sprigs, remaining teaspoon of salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and return the veal to the pan.
- 12Add any reserved bread crumb mixture. When the liquid comes to a boil, cover the Dutch oven and transfer to the oven.
- 13Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the veal is very tender.
- 14Remove from the oven and transfer the roast to a platter.
- 15Cover loosely with aluminum foil and let stand for 15 to 30 minutes before removing the kitchen twine and slicing into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 16Serve with the braising liquid.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breast of Veal Stuffed With Lemon, Pancetta, and Rosemary by Eme
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.3
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 4441.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence
lemons, zest of