Recipe by Chef JAB
This recipe is delicious. It came from the Houston Chronicle sometime in the 1970's.
Top Review by saetraining
Wonderful distinct taste. Good enough to serve at a dinner party. To top that off, it was easy to make. A big hit in my home. (The only adjustment I made was to use half and half instead of cream fraiche.)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 finely chopped garlic clove
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 cup capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken breasts in butter until golden and done.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add rest of ingredients (except capers) to saucepan and bring to a fast boil, stirring constantly, so that lemon juice will not curdle the sauce.
- Reduce by 1/3.
- Add chicken breasts and capers and heat, basting constantly with the sauce.
- Serve on a bed of blanched spinach.