Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and elegant for the asparagus lover!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can cream of asparagus soup
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 (10 ounce) canwhole asparagus spears
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in butter until browned.
- Combine the sour cream, soup, mushrooms and sherry.
- Transfer the breasts to a baking dish and pour 1/4 of the sauce over them.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over the sauce.
- Place asparagus over cheese and add remaining sauce.
- Add the remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.