Recipe by loof
A yummy chicken dish with a tropical flair!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I cut the recipe in half, I did follow it, but did just barely cook the mushrooms & the 2 of us were treated to a great-tasting chicken dinner! It's wonderfully flavored entree's like this that I enjoy making for special company, so I'll definitely keep hold of this recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces noodles
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Saute in 4 tablespoons butter until slightly brown. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, cook noodles and drain well. Mix with 2 tablespoons butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip the heavy cream.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan and blend in flour. Add milk and pineapple juice and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add a little of the sauce mixture to the egg yolks; return all to saucepan and stir well.
- Fold in whipped cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When chicken is done, place noodles in a 13x9 broiler-safe baking pan. Top with chicken and cover to keep warm.
- Cook mushrooms and onion in the butter remaining in the skillet used to cook the chicken. Add parsley and bread crumbs. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a pineapple slice on each chicken breast and top with a mound of the mushroom mixture. Pour the pineapple sauce over all and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Brown under the broiler.