Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy chicken dish with a tropical flair!
Make and share this Breast of Chicken Tropicale recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces noodles
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Saute in 4 tablespoons butter until slightly brown. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, cook noodles and drain well. Mix with 2 tablespoons butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip the heavy cream.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan and blend in flour. Add milk and pineapple juice and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add a little of the sauce mixture to the egg yolks; return all to saucepan and stir well.
- Fold in whipped cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When chicken is done, place noodles in a 13x9 broiler-safe baking pan. Top with chicken and cover to keep warm.
- Cook mushrooms and onion in the butter remaining in the skillet used to cook the chicken. Add parsley and bread crumbs. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a pineapple slice on each chicken breast and top with a mound of the mushroom mixture. Pour the pineapple sauce over all and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Brown under the broiler.
Although I cut the recipe in half, I did follow it, but did just barely cook the mushrooms & the 2 of us were treated to a great-tasting chicken dinner! It's wonderfully flavored entree's like this that I enjoy making for special company, so I'll definitely keep hold of this recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
This is really good, and not too sweet with just a hint of pineapple. I made a few changes: used b/s thighs, and didn't realize until I opened the can I bought pineapple chunks rather than slices. Also forgot to get mushrooms which the rest of the family didn't mind (I am the only one who eats them.) so I added 1/2 an onion rather than 2 Tbs to mix the the crumbs and top the chicken; and used egg noodles since there wasn't any specified. With the changes made (missing mushrooms only one to affect the flavor) this was really tasty! Will definately make again and add the mushrooms, everyone else can pick them out ;) Made for Photo Tag March 2010.