Recipe by jenpalombi
This was one of the first recipes I learned to make and it has been a staple in our household for years. The chicken always turns out juicy and tender! 6 ww points per serving for those who keep track.
Top Review by Soxfan
So yummy! I didn't flour the chicken either. Only simmered for 20 minutes and turned twice in the sauce then I removed chicken and made a slurry with warm water and flour to thicken the sauce. I returned the chicken to the sauce for 5 more minutes then served with steamed carrots and baked potatoes. Not fussy-very easy and tasty. Everyone in the family ate it too-thank you.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour.
- Melt butter in large saute pan. Add chicken and saute until golden brown on each side.
- Add consomme. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve each breast with a drizzle of the sauce.
- (Note: the sauce will be thin, like au jus. If you prefer a gravy-like consistency, add a little flour and whisk until thickened).