Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dried mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
Ten- second Hollandaise
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Let dried mushrooms stand in water 1 hours
- In small amount of melted butter, gently brown chicken breasts on both sides on medium heat, adding more butter as needed; remove.
- In more butter in same skillet, saute sliced fresh mushrooms until golden; remove.
- Into drippings in same skillet, stir flour, 1/4 tsp salt, dried mushrooms plus their liquid, 1 cup chicken broth (add water if necessary, to make 1 cup) and light cream. Cook, stirring over medium heat until thickened and smooth.
- Place chicken breasts in sauce; simmer gently, covered, about 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- When chicken is tender, add sherry and fresh mushrooms. Then, over chicken, spread hollandaise; place under broiler 1 minute or just until golden.
- Serve at once. Makes 8 servings.
- For Hollandaise.
- Let egg yolks and lemon juice stand at room temperature for at least two hours before using.
- Melt butter.
- Heat blender container with hot running water. Leave 1tablespoon hot water in the bottom. Add egg yolks and turn on blender.
- Pour in melted butter in a steady stream. Toss in salt, cayenne, mustard and finally the lemon juice.
- Stop the blender.
- Pour hollandaise over chicken breasts and place under electric broiler 1 minute or just until golden. Serve at once.