Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a labor-intensive recipe because of the reduction of the sauce. The final product is worth the effort, however. The chicken actually poaches in champagne while cooking then the champagne sauce is served with the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in an ovenproof casserole.
- Sprinkle with shallots, butter and Champagne.
- Cover dish and cook chicken at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until tender.
- Place chicken on serving plate and keep warm.
- Pour remaining champagne into a saucepan and cook on high until reduced by 2/3.
- Reduce heat to medium, add heavy cream and reduce further until thickened.
- Strain sauce and serve with chicken breasts.