Recipe by Tom Collins
There are tons of variations of this recipe on 'Zaar' and maybe some identical...I searched for this one but didn't find it under this name...This comes from an older Betty Crocker cookbook and has been my favorite chicken recipe for years...It's pretty simple...I always double the recipe...
Top Review by Chickadeecj
My husband wanted to make dinner tonight and chose this recipe. It was easy for him to follow and is the most delicious dish I have ever eaten!! He used Knorr's Onion soup mix and put it on the bottom mixture as well as the top. I dont like mushrooms, so he omitted the mushroom stems and pieces and it was just so creamy and flavorful! My new comfort food! Love it! Thanks for sharing this!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can milk
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split in half (or thighs, legs, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees --.
- Blend soup and milk; reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture --.
- Stir together the remaining soup mixture, the rice, mushrooms (with liquid) and half the onion soup mix --.
- Pour into ungreased baking dish, 11 1/2 x7 1/2 x1 1/2 inches --.
- Arrange chicken breasts on rice mixture --.
- Pour reserved soup mixture over chicken and sprinkle with remaining onion soup mix --.
- Cover; bake 1 hour --.
- Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer -- .