Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Cooking Light website - a lightened version of a decadent dish served at Casa del Sol in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, just across the border from El Paso. You can also toss the pasta with fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and oregano, as they do at the restaurant.
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup shredded asadero cheese or 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb linguine (8 cups hot cooked linguine)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- T prepare the sauce: Combine first 3 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a bowl; stir in sour cream and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- To prepare the chicken: Toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff avocado slice and 2 tablespoons of cheese into each pocket.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour then dip in egg whites and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Cook pasta per package directions, drain and toss with olives and parsley. (or toss with chopped fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and oregano, as they do at the restaurant.).
- Place 1 1/3 cups pasta on each of 6 plates. Arrange chicken on pasta. Top with 3 tablespoons of chipotle sauce.
Thank you thank you thankyou! This chicken is outrageously delicioys. I only made 2 changes. Instead of using breadcrumbs/flour i coated the chicken with egg wash and then used crushed french's french fried onions as the breading. The other change was to eliminate the pasta...I know I know..but I am on a low card diet! This fit the bill thank you again!
Oh, this was so good! I went a little overboard with the chipotle sauce, and used about 4 chilies! I used fresh tomatoes, garlic and a little parsley for the pasta. This is definitely one of my top choices for 2010. Thnx for posting, susie.
This was really yummy. The chipotle was a bit spicy for us so next time I will cut down on the peppers. I think my chicken was a bit too thick and I had trouble getting it to cook through on the stove so I ended up browning it and transfering to a bake dish to finish in the oven. It was a big hit with my entire family.