Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3 ounces skinless chicken breasts
- 4 plum tomatoes, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 ounces red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- Saute the minced garlic in the olive oil until golden brown.
- Pour off olive oil into a bowl and reserve for later use.
- In the same pan, saute the seasoned breasts over medium heat on both sides until done.
- Remove garlic and breasts from pan and reserve for later use.
- Add half the olive oil back and slowly saute the plum tomatoes until tender by gently rolling, remove and put aside with chicken and garlic.
- Now, in order, saute the onions, celery, chickpeas, pepper and mushrooms, add the wine and 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and reduce until almost dry.
- Finish by adding tomato sauce, top with parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This was a great recipe! I really enjoyed the variety and colors in the dish. I added more Parmesan cheese than required and it was quite tasty!
This was good I really like the look of the dish, it looks very impressive would be great for a dinner party. I used canned portabella mushrooms that were great with the rest of the dish.