Recipe by Annacia
This delicious and romantic entree should quickly warm your mood for the evening!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this the other night just for something different for the 2 of us, & it was DEFINITELY A BIG HIT! The preparation was as written with but 1 exception ~ I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, & I'm sure that didn't change much in the way of flavor! This will certainly be on my schedule for the next time I have company for dinner ~ Simple to prepare & absolutely great presentation! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]
- 2 (8 ounce) chicken breasts (with bone and skin)
- 1 ounce melted butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce cherry brandy
Bing Cherry Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) canblack bing cherries
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch (depending on desired thickness)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preparing Bing Cherry Sauce:.
- Drain juice from cherries.
- Combine juice with wine, sugar, cornstarch, and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Bring mixture to a boil until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the drained cherries.
- Season chicken breast with salt, white pepper, paprika, and brush with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325°F or until cooked and tender.
- Place chicken in a medium size ovenproof serving dish and cover with sauce.
- Have table set, candles lit, all accompaniments on table, and turn off lights when ready to flambé.
- HOW TO FLAMBE:.
- Pour 1/4 ounce of brandy over dish and place in middle of table.
- Using long wooden matches, ignite chicken breast.
- When flame goes out and liquor has burned off, you are ready to serve.