Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delicious and romantic entree should quickly warm your mood for the evening!
- 2 (8 ounce) chicken breasts (with bone and skin)
- 1 ounce melted butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce cherry brandy
Bing Cherry Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) canblack bing cherries
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch (depending on desired thickness)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preparing Bing Cherry Sauce:.
- Drain juice from cherries.
- Combine juice with wine, sugar, cornstarch, and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Bring mixture to a boil until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the drained cherries.
- Season chicken breast with salt, white pepper, paprika, and brush with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325°F or until cooked and tender.
- Place chicken in a medium size ovenproof serving dish and cover with sauce.
- Have table set, candles lit, all accompaniments on table, and turn off lights when ready to flambé.
- HOW TO FLAMBE:.
- Pour 1/4 ounce of brandy over dish and place in middle of table.
- Using long wooden matches, ignite chicken breast.
- When flame goes out and liquor has burned off, you are ready to serve.
Made this the other night just for something different for the 2 of us, & it was DEFINITELY A BIG HIT! The preparation was as written with but 1 exception ~ I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, & I'm sure that didn't change much in the way of flavor! This will certainly be on my schedule for the next time I have company for dinner ~ Simple to prepare & absolutely great presentation! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]