Recipe by Caroline Cooks
This recipe is from the Red Apple Inn, Heber Springs, Arkansas. Absolutely guest-worthy! Different from other one posted. Note: Cut calories and fats by using low-fat or no-fat ingredients. From a JL of Memphis cookbook-Party Potpourri.
Top Review by Paula D.
I've made this for 30 years. You do not need a food processor. The sauce will combine in a sauce pan on the stove just fine. You can also throw in a bit of white wine. Cut the cooking time down to 45 minutes or this chicken is simply too dry. Great dish for company! Unless your family is picky, Minute Rice will work fine!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices lean bacon
- 1 (4 ounce) package Hormel dried beef
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Pepper, but do not salt, chicken breasts.
- Wrap slice of bacon around each.
- Place layer of drid beef (not corned beef) in bottom of oil sprayed baking dish.
- Place wrapped chicken breasts on top.
- In a food processor, combine soups sour cream and cream cheese; pulse to blend well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove foil and place under broiler to golden brown.
- Serve over rice with sauce.