Recipe by Just Cher
This is a chicken dish that has a wonderful aroma & tastes like it took hours to prepare and the presentation deems it to be elegant enough for those special occassions. I serve it with rice & asparagus
Top Review by miss gracie
This is a lovely dish suitable for guests and easy enough for every day. The sauce is light, refreshing, and delicious! The only modification I made was to lightly brown my chicken breasts in olive oil prior to placing them in the oven. Thanks for a great recipe, Cher!
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 lemon, sliced in very thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Dust chicken with seasoned flour and place in a buttered casserole dish in a single layer.
- Dot chicken with butter and place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees.
- Combine sherry, white wine, orange juice, orange rind, and lemon juice and pour over the chicken for an additional 20 minutes, covered.
- Remove casserole from the oven and pour half-and-half around the chicken.
- Let casserole cool slightly.
- On a cookie sheet, arrange lemon slices and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Broil until lightly browned.
- Arrange chicken on a serving platter.
- Stir sauce and pour over chicken.
- Garnish with broiled lemon slices.