Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From The Star of Texas Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston. Here for future use.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 chicken breasts, halved and boned
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 cup sour cream
- Saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons of the margarine and remove the mushrooms; set aside.
- Add remaining margarine to the skillet and saute the chicken until brown.
- Sprinkle with Beau Monde seasoning while browning.
- Add green onions, wine, and tarragon.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Stir in the sour cream and mushrooms into the sauce in the pan.
- Pour over the chicken and serve with rice or noodles.
This sounds wonderful and I will try it soon...I have cooked chicken breasts in butter and seasoned them with Beau Monde, but this sounds even more delicious. Thanks for posting this for us to try. Junior League cookbooks always have such wonderful recipes...