- ice, in a bowl with water for cooling
- 200 g breast milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 76 g lye (water or lye ratio 0.145)
- 526 g olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare 800 ml of mold.
- Dissolve sugar and salt into breast milk.
- Freeze breast milk into slush, place into a glass container and let sit into the ice and water bowl.
- add lye into Breast Milk slush (not the other way around!) slowly and stirring with a stainless spoon constantly to cool down to about lukewarm to touch.
- Heat oil in glass container with microwave to about lukewarm to touch, add the lye solution to the oil (not the other way around!) and stir until fully incorporated.
- Hand blender 1-3 minutes pausing occasionally to observe, when trace appears, pour into mold.
- Cut in 8-24 hours.
- Rest 3-8 weeks before using.