Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Copycat Recipe of the Maid Rite in Greenville, Ohio ( Darke County ) This is a sweet, loose-meat sandwich that is typically served with pickle, mustard, onion and cheese.
- Mix Hot water, sugar, white pepper, black pepper, Lawreys and stir until sugar is disolved. Set aside.
- Brown beef in the smallest pot that the meat will fit in (not a frying pan) and chop the meat constantly with a spatula.
- Once meat is mostly browned, pour off the grease, return meat to pot, dump the sugar water into the meat and continue to chop the meat until the water is mostly evaporated.
- Once almost all of the water is gone, turn heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 10mins.
- Serve on steamed hamburger bun with mustard, pickle, chopped onion, and a slice of american cheese.