Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very light Breakfast eye-opener--for you or your guest! You can also serve it with a side dish of your favorite fruit! You just prepare your other ingredients while your biscuits cook. I found this one in Better Homes & garden. Tried it and knew this was hit for my household!
- 4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves (4 oz)
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces or 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded & diced
- salt & pepper
- 6 slices swiss cheese (6 oz)
- Preheat oven 450°F.
- Prepare biscuit mix according to directions, adding milk & Cheddar cheese to the mix.
- Cut out 6 biscuits using a (4 inch) round cutter.
- Bake according to package.
- Place spinach in microwavable bowl>Microwave on high until spinach is lightly wilted, (1 min 3o sec). Set aside.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain fat & set aside.
- In same skillet ,heat butter until hot.
- Stir in eggs, tomatoes, salt, pepper & cooked bacon.
- Cook until eggs are set.
- In skillet divide the egg mixture in to 6 sections.
- Top each section with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Cover & heat until cheese has melted.
- Split hot biscuits.
- Divide spinach among bottoms haves.
- Top with scrambled egg mixture.
- Top with biscuit tops. Serve immediately.